NovaCHARGE is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and mobile application users. This policy details how NovaCHARGE will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
a. NovaCHARGE may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website, user portals or mobile applications (including your email address, mobile phone number and other contact information);
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website, user portals or mobile apps (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, vehicle information and employment details, if any);
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website or mobile app or that is generated in the course of the use of NovaCHARGE’s services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of electric vehicle (EV) charging);
- Information relating to any purchases you make of NovaCHARGE goods and services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website, user portal or mobile apps (including name, contact details, and transaction details but excluding credit card information);
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts);
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to NovaCHARGE or send through the NovaCHARGE website, user portals or mobile apps (including [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to NovaCHARGE.
b. Before you disclose to NovaCHARGE the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
a. Personal information submitted to NovaCHARGE through our website, user portals or mobile apps will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
b. NovaCHARGE may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalize the NovaCHARGE website, user portals and mobile apps for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on the NovaCHARGE website, user portals and mobile apps;
- Send you goods purchased through the NovaCHARGE website, user portals and mobile apps;
- Supply to you services purchased through the NovaCHARGE website, user portals and mobile apps;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you email newsletters, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to the NovaCHARGE business or the businesses of affiliated third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)];
- Provide third parties with anonymized statistical information about our users ;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to your use of NovaCHARGE’s services];
- Keep NovaCHARGE website, user portals and mobile app secure and prevent fraud; and
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of NovaCHARGE’s website, user portals or mobile apps.
c. If you submit personal information for publication on the NovaCHARGE website or mobile apps, NovaCHARGE will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
d. NovaCHARGE will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
a. NovaCHARGE may disclose your personal information to any of its employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
b. NovaCHARGE may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
c. NovaCHARGE may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that it is required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend NovaCHARGE’s legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who NovaCHARGE reasonably believes may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
d. Except as provided in this policy, NovaCHARGE will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Retaining personal information
a. Personal information that NovaCHARGE processes for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
b. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, NovaCHARGE will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that NovaCHARGE is required to do so by law;
- if NovaCHARGE believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend NovaCHARGE’s legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
a. NovaCHARGE will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
b. NovaCHARGE will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
c. All electronic financial transactions entered into through NovaCHARGE websites or mobile apps will be protected by encryption technology.
d. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and NovaCHARGE cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
e. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing NovaCHARGE website and mobile apps confidential; NovaCHARGE will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
a. You may instruct NovaCHARGE to provide you with any personal information NovaCHARGE holds about you; provision of such information will be subject to you supplying appropriate evidence of your identity.
b. NovaCHARGE may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
c. You may instruct NovaCHARGE at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
d. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to NovaCHARGE use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or NovaCHARGE will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
a. Please let NovaCHARGE know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
a. NovaCHARGE may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
b. NovaCHARGE may notify you of changes to this policy by email, SMS or within our mobile apps.
Third party websites
a. NovaCHARGE’s website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
b. NovaCHARGE has no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
a. The NovaCHARGE website, user portals and mobiles apps are owned and operated by NovaCHARGE, LLC.
b. NovaCHARGE is registered in Florida and our registered office is located at 4201 Vineland Road, Suite i-5, Orlando, FL 32811
c. You can contact NovaCHARGE:
- by mail, using the address above;
- Using contact form within the NovaCHARGE website or mobile apps;
- By telephone, at the contact number posted on the NovaCHARGE website; or
- By email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.