NovaCharge, a leader in electric vehicle charging infrastructure, is seeking an experienced assembly and field technician for equipment used in the electric vehicle industry. This person will be responsible for the assembly and start up of one or more product lines at customer sites. The ideal individual for this role will have both a solid technical background, a clear focus on customer satisfaction, the ability to learn new skills, and the creative initiative it takes to be a part of a fast-paced high technology team. This position has the potential to develop into permanent full time.
$16 – $18 an hour – Flexible Part Time
Job location: Orlando, FL
Expected hours per week: 20-25
- Supports the assembly, installation oversight, and startup of electric vehicle charging infrastructure involving a high amount of complexity, and ensures appropriate measures are taken to provide a quality product delivered on time.
- Conducts site visits and testing, records data, and formally reports the results to customers and supervisor, with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Provides input, guidance, and solutions to internal customers and supervisor in order to resolve moderately complex issues/constraints appearing before or during assigned tasks.
- Works cross functionally with other team members, customers and channels to provide world-class service. Flexible and open minded to all business needs.
- Actively communicates findings, issues, constraints, delays, & progress to internal customers and supervisor. Analyzes potential solutions to mitigate problems, issues, and delays. Carefully follows established processes.
- Moves progress forward on multiple projects simultaneously without direct supervisor involvement.
- Willing to develop skills and grow within a dynamic industry and high volume sales and servicing environment. Participates in giving and receiving training at a moderate level. Able to learn on the job in real time.
- Professional appearance, strong communication skills, and can do attitude.
- Follows safety practices, conducts activities with high degree of discipline and safety, operates machinery safely.
- Communicates unsafe situations/behavior to supervisor and actively participates in safety audits.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required – Associates Degree (AA or AS) in technical field preferred
- Ability to cross train and work in multiple departments is required
- Experience in an electric firm, engineering, lab, testing, prototype, or build position preferred.
- Experience with mechanical assembly, specifically electric machines, electrical and electronic systems, is preferred
- A working knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints, electric machine installation guides, including both mechanical and electrical schematics, is preferred
- Troubleshooting/problem solving skills are required
- Knowledge and experience using PC’s or Tablets, with Word, Excel, PowerPoint is preferred
- Able to lift 50 lbs, stand on feet for 8 hours per day, and work OT as directed by management
- Reliable transportation and willing to travel within metro Orlando
- Ethics and Values
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem solving
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
Job Type: Flexible part time with potential for permanent full time.
Qualified candidates please e-mail resumes with a cover letter and salary history to: email@example.com
Note: Call-ins or walk-ins will not be considered for employment. NovaCharge is a WMBE and is an equal opportunity employer.